Subject: Re: New AMOS type language for the future
From: Ben Wyatt <[email-masked]>
To: AMOS Mailing List <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 1997 20:43:00 -0000

On 09-Jan-07, Nikola Smolenski sat on a keyboard and produced this mess:

> >Rough details for an AMOS type language are on my web page at:

> >http://www.paston.co.uk/users/bwyatt/index.html

> >It's aiming to be as easy to use as AMOS, but with more powerful features,
> >such as OOP and dynamic objects, and encourages better and neater code.

> I have been thinking about why amos is so popular, and I think it is mostly
> because it have such good editor. I can only dreaming about working in C with
> such editor :(

Yes, I totally agree. Especially the method for folding and unfolding
functions - it makes source management much easier and often eliminates the
need for multiple sources.

> So, I think that your lang sould have very very similar editor, or better.

Yeah, the AMOSPro editor is fantastic. There are a few improvements it
needs though, such as keyword highlighting. Also, it should be possible to
fold up other structures such as loops.

Thank you for your suggestions.

Bye_______________________________
  /                               \
 / Ben Wyatt - [email-masked] \
 \            or [email-masked] /
  \_______________________________/ (c)1995-97 Very Interesting Signatures